Condo and Apartment Gardens for Bangkok City Life. Tips for a useful garden growing vegetables. And ideas for a small patio space with flowers and plants. Learn how to grow container vegetables in your home garden. We also provide links to rooftop gardens in Bangkok, where you can learn about the “how”to” create your own mini garden with organic herbs or spices. Today, more and more people are moving into condominiums or apartments in Bangkok and other major cities around in Asia. The one thing that people seem to miss, however, is no land for gardening. Yet, growing a vegetable garden on a balcony is not all that difficult, and you can truly have a fruitful balcony vegetable garden. Almost any vegetable plant you can think of to grow in a backyard garden will also thrive in your balcony vegetable garden under the right conditions.
Secrets for Growing an Urban Balcony Garden
Is it possible to grow fresh vegetables in a city apartment with a small balcony, or on a deck that only receives a few hours of sunlight all day? Can vegetables thrive in containers when there’s no open ground available? Here’s how space-challenged gardeners in any setting can maximize what they’ve got. We are going to provide you with blog posts and links to lots of urban-style organic gardening information so you can learn how to grow vegetables and greens, plants or flowers on your Bangkok, Thailand or Asian condo or ASEAN big city (but small balcony) apartment. Understanding about vegetables, herb and plant care. Learning about worm farming and composting, and where to find soil, fertilizers and other gardening product suppliers, and much more.
Thailand Container Gardening Guide – Our Blog Posts
Condo and Apartment Gardening Tips and Advice – by Suwanna & Joern @ Chatuchak. We welcome input, comments and ideas from our readers on any of the topics presented in this container gardening niche section of our website. We also will continue to seek input from gardening professionals interested in joining our site with help, ideas and opinions. If you wish to contribute or collaborate on an article please contact us.
Bottle Tower Garden
You’ll learn to make drip-irrigating garden towers out of recycled water bottles. This method works well for growing flowers, herbs, and small veggies
- Liquid and Dry Fertilizer for Your Bangkok Container Garden
- Tips for Herb and Vegetable Gardening in Small Bangkok Condo
- Topsoil versus Potting Soil – Learning Container Gardening in Asia
- What kind of Worms are used for Vermicomposting?
Chatuchak (Jatujak) Plant Market
We have two shopping areas and very different times of the week where we can buy flowers and plants, including seeds, seedlings and soil, at Chatuchak Markets
- Garden Centres and Plant Nurseries in Bangkok
- Organic Versus Non-Organic Fertilizers – Bangkok Condo Gardening
- Two Chatuchak Plant and Flower Markets
- Worm Farming and Composting in Thailand (Vermiculture)
Container Gardening for Apartments
Container gardening is a great way to start gardening. Or if you only have limited space such as a patio or condo, containers allow you to grow herbs, vegetables
- Container Gardening in your Bangkok Condo or Apartment
- Vegetable Gardening in Containers in Thailand
- What Is the Difference Between Compost and Fertilizer?
- Worm Farms, Bins and Bedding – Vermiculture Bangkok
Organic Garden Soil & Fertilizer
Learn where to buy soil in Bangkok and how to build fertile, healthy garden soil using organic compost and other strategies
- Container Gardening in Thailand – Vegetable Growing Media
- Non-Toxic Plants Care Products from Thailand “Fine Days”
- Organic & Natural Expo 2016 in Thailand
- Soil and Soil Mixes for you Bangkok Container Garden
- Vermiculture, Worm Composting and Worm Tea (Vermitea)
- Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort’s Rooftop Garden
- NIST Rooftop Garden GreeNIST at School in Bangkok
- Rooftop Garden at Kasetsart University in Bangkok
- Siam Green Sky Rooftop Garden @ Siam Square One
Other Interesting Information
News, Articles and other Interesting Information. If you would like to comment on any of the posts, please use our contact form available from the top menu or create an account and comment under any subject of interest. We welcome all kinds of feedback.
- Can Urban Vegetable and Herb Farming Feed Bangkok?
- Royal Project Fair 47 @ CentralWorld 2016, Bangkok
- Teetat Bamrungsab – Worm Farming Expert in Bangkok
- Uncle Ree’s Worm Farm Owner Charee Boonyavinij
- Worm Farm Training with Dr. Somchai Chantsawang in Bangkok
Social Media Links
Follow us in social media. Please also visit our many social media accounts – and get our container gardening news first. Connect with other “small-space gardening” people, get the latest info, discuss the most recent blog posts or simply show the world your like/love for container gardening. We update our media sites as much as we can and welcome comments and discussions with container gardening fans in Asia. By subscribing to our videos on YouTube, becoming a fan on Facebook or following our tweets on Twitter you can make sure that you hear the latest things first.
- Facebook – Container Gardening Bangkok on Facebook Login to Facebook First
- Twitter – Mini-Garden Bangkok on Twitter
- LinkedIn – Container Gardening Thailand on LinkedIn Login to LinkedIn First
- Google+ – Container Gardening Bangkok on Google+
- Pinterest – Container Gardening Asia on Pinterest
- Instagram – Container Gardening Asia on Instagram
- YouTube – Container Gardening Bangkok on YouTube